Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wall Demo: Day Two

We got a photo of the beam during the day and everything appears to be according to plan. There was discussion at the beginning of the project regarding the beam and if there would be a dropdown from the ceiling from the beam. At this point we still don’t know but will know once they put up the drywall and close up all the holes.
I don’t mind if there is a slight bump-out in the ceiling due to the beam. It might help trick the eye into separating the two spaces.  I'm 50/50 at this point.

The beam has gone in per the instructions of the structural engineer. I love getting the photo of the day from the crew.
Coming home on day two I wasn't sure what I would see when I walked in the door. When I walked in and saw this:


I seriously almost passed out. It looks just as I imagined.

At the end of day two we have a wall built up and a new floorplan for our house. RC is measuring the wall where the refrigerator will go (spoiler alert: it fits). This is the new view from the front door. As you can see, we were able to keep outlets on either side of the wall and the air vents as well.

The next phase is moving the back door over to allow for more counterspace. There is room to move the current doorway to the left a little to allow space for the coveted dishwasher.

So many tools and work being done! I'm so used to coming in here and seeing only our small little tool bucket.  
Can't wait to see what it looks like when we get home tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment